The Singh Center for Nanotechnology 2019 Annual User Meeting takes place Monday, October 28, 2019, in the Singh Center’s Glandt Forum. At our 5th Annual Meeting, we celebrate 6 years of nanotechnology enabled research and innovation at the University of Pennsylvania. This year’s connecting theme is the National Science Foundation’s 10 Big Ideas and how nanotechnology plays a role. Join us!
Event Highlights include:
- Witness invited talks from the Singh Center for Nanotechnology user community to learn about cutting edge science taking place in the heart of Philadelphia.
- Interact with start-up company finalists in our 2019 Innovation Seed Grant cohort.
- Attend the afternoon and evening poster sessions to speak one-on-one with scientists, researchers and innovators.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities during breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch and dinner.
- Participate in the raffle contest for all attendees and poster session presenters. Awards are presented in the evening.
The event is free to attend but registration is required.
POSTER REGISTRATION FOR SINGH CENTER USERS ONLY
If you are a user of the Singh Center for Nanotechnology and want to present your work, please register here: https://bit.ly/2luj3XO. All poster presenters will be entered in our raffle contest!
08:00 – Registration and Networking Breakfast
09:30 – Welcome
10:00 – Session 1A: Research Talks
11:20 – Coffee Break
11:40 – Session 1B: Research Talks
12:40 – Session 2: Afternoon Poster Session and Networking Lunch
14:10 – Session 3: Innovation at the Singh Center for Nanotechnology
15:50 – Coffee Break
16:10 – Session 4: Careers in Nanotechnology
17:30 – Session 5: Evening Poster Session and Networking Social
18:00 – Dinner and Awards
19:30 – End Annual Meeting
If street parking is not available, please park at the Chestnut 34 Garage whose location and rates can be found using the following link: http://cms.business-services.
There are a few hotels in University City that are considered within walking distance to the Singh Center for Nanotechnology:
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel: 36th and Chestnut
- The Inn At Penn – A Hilton Hotel: 36th and Walnut
- Homewood Suites by Hilton: 41st and Walnut
- The Study At University City: 33rd and Chestnut
Alternatively, Center City has a few options near the Convention Center and the historic City Hall. If you stay at any Center City location listed below, take any trolley from 13th Street Station to 33rd St. Station on Market Street or the westbound busses #21 or #42 along Walnut Street and walk to the Singh Center for Nanotechnology.
- Courtyard by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown
- Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Center City
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
- Home2Suites by Hilton Philadelphia
If you’re arriving by plane into PHL, you can take the train to University City; the fare is CASH ONLY. Cabs are also available at the airport as well as UBER and Lyft. Car rentals are also available at the airport. If you’re arriving by car, please refer to the parking information above. If you’re arriving by train, the Singh Center for Nanotechnology is considered within walking distance from 30th Street Station. You can also take a cab, UBER or Lyft from this location.