Tool fees: Please see: iris.nano.upenn.edu
As of July 1, 2021, the internal and external academic rate policy caps usage (both door/lab and tool charges) in the cleanroom/soft lithography to $6000 per semester (July-Dec and Jan-Jun) per user. After this cap has been reached, a user can incur an additional $30k in charges without incurring any cost to their PI. Afterward, the regular academic rate is applied for additional charges that exceed the $36,000 threshold and will be invoiced accordingly. This cap resets every semester.
There is no cap structure for industrial users.
- Users must wear face shields at all wet benches.
- Users must wear full personal protective equipment (apron, face shield, and heavy gloves) in the wet processing bay.
- Users may not replace gas bottles.
- Please evacuate the Facility if any alarms go off.
- If the chemical you wish to use is not already approved please contact the Facility director.
- Please provide an electronic MSDS with your request.
- Please place the request in advance of the intended use date (please allow 2-3 weeks for request processing).
- Requests for chemicals with proprietary compositions or chemicals that are subject to export restrictions will take longer to process.
- Please feel free to inquire about the status of your request.
- Some chemicals may be deemed too hazardous and may not be approved.
- Please do not order the chemical without permission from the Facility director.