October 9, 2018
9:00 am—2:00 pm
Each year, the Singh Center for Nanotechnology holds a Nanotechnology outreach event for local High School Students throughout the Philadelphia Region. Undergraduates and graduate students, postdocs and faculty participate in exhibits, demonstrations, tours, and talks highlighting nanotechnology related research and its importance in our lives.
Highlights of this Event Include:
- Science and Engineering Faculty Lab Group Demonstrations from Across the University
- A Microfluidics (a.k.a. Lab On A Chip) Lab and Demonstration
- Window Tours of the Singh Center’s Cleanroom and Microscopy Demonstrations in the Singh Center Characterization Wing
- Tours of the AddLab ( UPenn’s 3D Printing Facility) and of the GRASP Lab (UPenn’s Robotics Lab)
For High School Teachers and Administrators:
- Each High School can only submit one class ( 20-30 students) to participate in this event per year.
- Due to this event’s popularity, we often have more applications for participation than available slots for the event. Once the participation request time period has ended, classes will be chosen as random for participation.
- Travel costs to and from the event will need to be funded by the participating high schools.
- Lunch will be provided to all students and chaperones participating in the event.
NanoDay Participation Requests must between be made using the link below between (September 4th—September 15th). If you would be interested in having your High School Science Class participate in this event please Click Here.
We welcome Students, Staff and Faculty throughout the University of Pennsylvania to assist us by volunteering for this event. It is through you help that we are able to make this event a success.
All Volunteers Will:
- Receive a NanoDay Volunteer T-Shirt
- Will be Invited to a Special “Thank You Lunch”, held later in October.
If you would be interested in volunteering for this event please Click Here