Dimatix DMP-2831 Piezoelectric Inkjet Printer
The DMP-2831 allows the deposition of fluidic materials on an 8×11 inch or A4 substrate, utilizing a disposable piezo inkjet cartridge. This printer can create and define patterns over an area of about 200 x 300 mm and handle substrates up to 25 mm thick with an adjustable Z height. The temperature of the vacuum platen, which secures the substrate in place, can be adjusted up to 60°C. The DMP-2831 offers a variety of patterns using a pattern editor program. Additionally, a waveform editor and a drop-watch camera system allows manipulation of the electronic pulses to the piezo jetting device for optimization of the drop characteristics as it is ejected from the nozzle. This system enables easy printing of structures and samples for process verification and prototype creation.
Fiducial camera features:
- Provides substrate rotation alignment using reference marks
- Allows positioning of the print origin to match substrate placement
- Provides measurement of features and locations
- Provides inspection and image capture of printed pattern or drops
- Provides cartridge alignment when using multiple cartridges
- Allows matching drop placement to previously patterned substrate
FUJIFILM Dimatix has created a MEMS-based cartridge-style print head that allows users to fill their own fluids and print immediately with the DMP in their own laboratory. To minimize waste of expensive fluids, each cartridge reservoir has a capacity of 1.5 ml. Cartridges can easily be replaced to facilitate printing of a series of fluids. Each single-use cartridge has 16 nozzles linearly spaced at 254 microns with typical drop sizes of 1 and 10 picoliters.